Guess Who Went Back to The Infernal Devices Trilogy After 3 Years

The last time I read a book by Cassandra Clare was probably about 3 years ago, and that was probably City of Glass. Honestly, something I ...

The last time I read a book by Cassandra Clare was probably about 3 years ago, and that was probably City of Glass. Honestly, something I have always been wanted to do is finish off all the series that I have left incomplete. I tend not to leave series incomplete because usually I might crash and fall into the hole and totally just binge read the whole thing but that doesn't happen *all* the time.

For like, months now I have debated on going back to the Shadowhunter's world. I mean, I left both The Mortal Instruments series and Infernal Devices so it kind of haunted me. I was slowly coming out of my reading slump so I thought it was a pretty perfect time to go back to the Shadowhunter's world. I took to twitter to ask which book I should read, City of Fallen Angels, Clockwork Prince, or (lmaooooo) start a new series and read Lady Midnight. Obviously, Clockwork Prince won (by like, a landslide) and it was one that I kind of wanted to read more than the others.

One of the things that had driven me away from reading the trilogy again was just the fact that it had been so long since I read the first book; I didn't remember anything that had happened and I was super young when I read it, so everything was kind of blurry for me when it came to the first book. Thankfully, Recaptains exists so that definitely helped me out while I was reading the next two books.

Once I got into this series I lightweight fell super hard for it. I ended up getting sick while I was reading the two books so it was the perfect opportunity to binge read. And then I binge read the next book super fast too. I have always heard that the ending of this trilogy is extremely heartbreaking and holy fuck I was not prepared for anything these two books had in store. I don't remember the first book being particularly sad so the next two books being emotional SHOOK ME.

I think if I were to sum up this whole trilogy in a few words it would definitely be SHOOKETH. Not just the ending and this extremely painful and unique love triangle, but the characters, and this plot, and this world, and *EVERYTHING.* Although I haven't finished the Mortal Instruments series yet, I can definitely see how someone would think this trilogy is better than TMI. The whole trilogy definitely stays with you, whether it be the characters, or a plot twist. (Or this freaking love triangle.)

There were many things I loved about this trilogy. I think Cassandra Clare did a great job with this story and the storyline. She has great ideas and such a wide imagination when it comes to this world, and I love it because she really knows to write a good story. I admit, these books are fucking long as hell and I did feel like that at moments things were dragging on and got lightweight boring but honestly it wasn't anything bad.

And I have to talk about this: the love triangle. For some reason she was able to write such a balanced and unique love triangle. I have mixed feelings about love triangles, they are honestly so frustrating but I mean, when done right they can be pretty entertaining to read about. I could not pick a side in this love triangle, it was impossible because I ended up really loving Jem and Will so much. And honestly the love triangle didn't get annoying, sure the fact that Tessa was never able to figure out which one she liked more was *kind of* irritating but I'm glad that the love triangle didn't become the storyline. And honestly, it makes this series that much more unique because it's a different love triangle compared to other love triangles.

So, tl;dr: The Infernal Devices is a bomb ass series. I can't believe I waited so long to continue reading it lol. And despite the fact that it was 3 years between the time I read the first and second book, I really enjoyed continuing this series.

Clockwork Angel

Author: Cassandra Clare
Release Date: August 31st 2010 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster, Margaret K. McElderry
Format: Hardcover
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series. The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top