Oh, 2017! I Didn't See You There! // 2017 Goals aka My New Year's Resolutions

Hello and welcome to 2017! You can obviously see that I am up to a great start based on the fact that this post is 14 days late but I thin...

Hello and welcome to 2017! You can obviously see that I am up to a great start based on the fact that this post is 14 days late but I think I have a pretty good excuse. Anyway, I decided that I would post some of my goals this year just to have them out there so I can go back on them at the end of the year and so if anyone wants to, they can be my nagger of the year and nag me into achieving my goals. This is a pretty short post so I hope you enjoy it!
2017 Blog Goals
  • Manage my time better
  • Buy less books
  • Support more POC authors
  • Reading more diverse books
  • Post more consistently
  • Post on Instagram more consistently
  • Post more discussing posts
  • Further encourage and promotion of diversity
So I have a lot of goals this year because as a blogger, I definitely don't think I did my job well in 2016. I want to advocate more on diversity, support more POC, disabled, and LGBTQ+ authors and books that feature diverse characters, and talk more about diversity here and on my Twitter as well. As I POC blogger I definitely think the lack of diversity is an issue that the book community should constantly be talking about.

2016 was also the time where I completely bombed on posting here and on Instagram. I tend to really lazy out with Instagram so I am hoping to take more pictures for Instagram this year and also post at least 5 times a month during this year. Obviously, I would love to post more but I gotta set a realistic goal for myself with school. We shall see how that goes though!
2017 Reading Goals
  • Reading 50 books
  • Read at least 12 diverse books
  • Finish off series
  • Be caught up in all my review copy books
This is the year where I hopefully get caught up on things, aka finally read and catch up with review copies and also finish off series that I have yet to finish. I really hope I will be able to catch up on review copies because having a whole bunch of them unread is just suuuch a burden on me but it's also a burden for me to not read them so I gotta do something about them. Hopefully I can come back to you next year and happily inform you I have caught up on review copies.
2017 Personal Goals
  • Exercise more
  • Get more sleep
  • Be more prepared
  • Talk to my friends more
  • Cook more often
Okay so here are just a few small goals I have for myself and I'm not going to get too much into them because I really don't want to share too much but yes. My self goals, hopefully I can accomplish them this year because they're goals that will really help me.

So tell me: Do you share any similar goals of mine? What are your goals (or resolutions) of the new year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top