2015 Recap and 2016 Blogging Goals!

I can't believe the day has come, 2015 is coming to an end. I had a great 2015 and I am excited for 2016 and the future. Read some ...

I can't believe the day has come, 2015 is coming to an end. I had a great 2015 and I am excited for 2016 and the future. Read some great books, met some great people, did some fun things. I have taken a few new hobbies up and most important, taken another one more seriously. (Hint: You're reading it :D) I am super excited to recap and look back on 2015 and talk about my 2016 goals!

---

So I started off 2015 in the middle of a blog move from Wordpress and Blogger. I launched Next Page Please! on Blogger (Next Page Please 2.0 I would call it) in the beginning of February. This truly was the mark of me taking blogging seriously. I started working harder on my reviews, scheduling posts, and being more social on twitter and such.

Here is a recap of what I did in 2015!

I attended signings! In 2015, I was able to meet Amie Kaufman, Jay Kaufman, Colleen Houck, Cammie McGovern, Julie Murphy, Leigh Bardugo, Tamara Ireland Stone, Morgan Matson, Lynne Matson, Lindsay Smith, Marie Rutkoski, and Stacey Lee! Super greatful to be able to meet all these awesome authors and I cannot wait to meet more in 2016!

I read so many great books! I have hopefully finished 81 books by the time this post goes up! I am pretty surprised with myself because I am horrible with managing my time and finding time to read is literally the hardest thing ever. Hopefully I can get more reading done in 2016! If you would like to see what I read this year, click here!

I took up two new hobbies! I started an Instagram in the Spring of this year and since then I am still trying to figure out what I am doing with it. Photography is still pretty new to me so I am looking to improve! Another hobby I just started is hand lettering with a dip pen. I asked for a dip pen for Christmas for and since then, I have had such a fun time doing so and maybe one day I will turn the lettering into something but for now, I am still a young padawan in the art of hand lettering.

I traveled a bit! This summer, I went on a vacation to Jamaica, New York, Canada, and spend an unexpected night in North Carolina! I love going to new places and this was my first time being in Jamaica, New York, and North Carolina. It was my first time in the Ontario area. I hope to visit more places in 2016 and can't wait to see where I will be.


I started my first novel and participated in my first NaNoWriMo. Notice how I said "started" my first novel. Yep, it's been a whole month since NaNo ended and I am still writing away on my novel. It was definitely an experience I needed to go through and I definitely learned a lot. Wonder what my second NaNo will be like...?

---

Goals and a Look Ahead into 2016

I'm going to try to manage my time more! I get distracted soo easily and so much time is wasted whenever I get distracted. I am definitely trying to manage my time better and me a more productive person.

Sleeping more! Sleep is such a hard thing for me. I always end up getting such an unhealthy amount of sleep and I am basically always tired during the day because I always get such little sleep. Hoping to maybe get more sleep next year because I am exhausted of waking up exhausted. 

Improve on my hobbies! Like I mentioned above, photography and hand lettering are two of my new hobbies and I am hoping on improving on those in the next year. I am excited to see what happens...

Become more familiar with HTML and CSS! As someone who made her own blog design, I have become pretty comfortable around HTML and CSS and I am looking to maybe learn more about it during the next year.

So tell me: What is one highlight of 2015 and what is a goal you have for 2016?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top