Let's Talk!: Proxy by: Alex London

Proxy Author: Alex London Pages: 384 Published by: Speak Published on: June 18th 2013 Syd’s life is not his own. As a proxy h...

Proxy

Proxy (Proxy, #1)Author: Alex London
Pages: 384
Published by: Speak
Published on: June 18th 2013
Syd’s life is not his own. As a proxy he must to pay for someone else's crimes. When his patron Knox crashes a car and kills someone, Syd is branded and sentenced to death. The boys realize the only way to beat the system is to save each other so they flee. The ensuing cross-country chase will uncover a secret society of rebels, test the boys' resolve, and shine a blinding light onto a world of those who owe and those who pay. This fast-paced thrill ride of a novel is full of breakneck action, shocking twists and heart-hammering suspense that will have readers gasping until the very last page. This edition includes a exclusive bonus story featuring Syd and Knox!

---

 This book has been on my shelf for awhile now and I enjoyed it. However, it took me awhile to get into it. I was thinking I wasn't going to like this book because all I wanted to do was read about Knox. The first few chapters of Syd were really boring but after the part where we get back to Knox's chapter it got interesting. Unfortunately I wasn't thoroughly entertained until about the last few chapters. Other than that, the characters in this book were absolutely so great to read from and I am really excited to get to the next book. The world they live in is very interesting and some place I may want to live in. Maybe, just maybe. If you like dystopian novels go for Proxy!
Let's get into the spoilers! So the one thing I really liked about this book was the fact that Syd was gay. This is a book that definitely falls into the We Need Diverse Books category. I saw that this book was in the Diverse Books category but I didn't know that it would be Syd that would be gay. 

The world they live in seemed pretty cool. Of course the Proxy part seems like a flaw but having different sectors of the city is kind of a flaw too. I wouldn't want to live in this city but it is some place that would be nice to visit.

One of the thing that made me knock down a few Kaitlin-points for this book was the fact that I got pretty bored throughout the whole book. Until the part when Syd made it to the Reboots (Is that right?) I couldn't get into it before that. It was readable but I would have liked it if more of 3/4 of the book had as much action as it did at the end of the book.

Characters

If you don't know me, I am not very nice when it comes to people I don't like in books. Take a guess on who I am about the talk about.....Okay at the beginning of this book I really like dEgan. I thought he was a great friend and I was okay with him. However, when they were running away my feelings for Egan completely turned. He was so jerky and mean toward Knox and I just didn't like him. I had the thought that Egan was pretty unnecessary after they escaped and my thought was proven right after he died and the Baes turned against Know, Marie, and Syd. I fell very mean when I say this but I was so happy Egan died. Oh my goodness I'm a horrible person. I didn't want him to die, honest, but I really didn't have a problem with it. Of course I wouldn't have minded if he was locked up or dragged back to the city. Does anyone know that feeling? When you dislike someone so much you won't mind if they got locked up but were happier when they died? Of course I would never want anyone to die in real life! I'm not that mean...

The characters were just great! I really enjoyed Knox, Syd, and Marie. They were kinda like the new Harry Potter Crew. In the beginning they were fighting a lot but in the end everyone was a happy family...(UNTIL KNOX DIED I'M SO DONE) They are people I would love to hang out with any day of the week. They are just so brave and smart teenagers. Guys, I am so sad now that we will never get Marie, Knox, and Syd again. Ugh I miss them so much. I haven't even gotten to the next book and I am already sooo depressed. I just wish we read more about them though because out time with this trio was just too short. Way too short.

Just a thought: CAN I MENTION HOW MUCH I HATED THE DAD. OH MY GOODNESS I DON'T LIKE HIM AND I PROBABLY NEVER WILL. (Thought done)

The ending

I was on the verge of tears. The ending is so sad and I don't want to move on from Knox! I won't and I can't. Hey, at least the dad got some tears out of his body. Good to know he has those. The ending was pretty epic though. How Sydran out of the room and had a whole bunch of people attack him. Then the attackers standing there as Knox dies. I STILL BELIEVE HE IS ALIVE. I have hope.

The kiss is something that made the ending a lot sadder than it did. If they didn't kiss then I wouldn't have been a mess after reading this book. I just, they could have been something you know? If this was a normal couple I would honestly be just as sad. I understand why Knox had to die but the fact that one of Syd or Knox had to die is just something that really got me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top